Re: Paper/Oil Capacitors

Hi Greg,

	Two years ago, 1/4 of the posts on this list delt with oil/poly caps.  In
only a year, MMCs have virtually obsoleted homemade oil caps (I am waiting
for them to obsolete the commercial ones too!).

	Rather than list the problems with paper and oil caps, I'll just say that
MMC caps are better, cheaper, faster, more reliabile, adjustable, don't
drift, exact value, don't leak, don't explode......  A number of people who
were in the middle of making oil caps stopped in the middle of making them
and went to MMCs.  They really are that much better.

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/MMCinfo/MMC.html

Cheers,

	Terry