Re: alternative materials for RSG electrodes?

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John Morawa" <morawaj-at-interaccess-dot-com>
>
> Hello,
>
> I have heard of a reference to using copper bolts (silicon - bronze) for
> RSG electrodes.  Other than tungsten has anyone tried or have any
> thoughts on using titanium or monel (nickel - copper)?  Mcmaster carr
> sells these individually in a variety of sizes and not too $$$.  Of
> these 4 (copper, titanium, tungsten and monel) which sounds best for
> low-medium powered TC's?
>
> Thanks for any comments,
> John M.

John,

Nothing beats pure tungsten.

As I have mentioned on the list before, titanium will burn under the
right conditions! One of the right conditions would be heating it with
high voltage, high current arc!! Like magnesium, once you get it
burning, it isn't to stop. Have fun!

Ed Wingate RATCB