Re: construction materials

     You can buy g10 from McMaster-Carr www.mcmaster-dot-com

     You can buy polycarbonate ("Lexan") from Tap Plastics if you live in
     CA, otherwise you should be able to find it from any number of local
     consumer suppliers. Any plastics place in the yellow pages should have
     it, it's very common.  It comes under various other brand names too,
     like "Macrolon" and "Cyrolon".  If you ask for polycarbonate or Lexan,
     you should have no trouble.  You'll pay way more than $5/sqft for 1/4"
     Lexan, probably $10/sqft.  It's tough as heck, great stuff.

     I try to stay away from plexi and especially acrylic for structural
     use.  I use Lexan or HDPE if I'm going to use plastic.

     I use my tablesaw for Lexan all the time and it works great.  If you
     have trouble with ragged cuts try a blade with more teeth, like a
     plywood blade.  You can buy 150 tooth plastics blades.

     G10 will eat the blades of whatever tool you use on it, it's extremely
     tough. I would use plastic except where you're expecting alot of heat.

     I don't have a rotozip, but i'm sure you can use it on steel.  You can
     always use a jigsaw, a sawzall, a circular saw or tablesaw with an
     abrasive blade, an angle grinder, or a good old hacksaw or file.
     Steel is not hard to work with, but it does get pretty hot when you
     cut it. .  ..

     paul mathus