RE: Hosfelt caps

(un)Terry,

Be careful! A resistor across the whole string won't guarantee each
capacitor is bled down. I had a bad buss bar connection which heated up the
end capacitor and let the bleeder resistor drop off. Over a week later I
found out that the cap still had a significant charge on it :-) I sure
wouldn't want to run that risk with an entire matrix of capacitors. Bleeder
resistors are very cheep insurance.

My 2-cents...

Regards,
Brian B.

Original poster: "Oxandale, Terry" <Toxandale-at-SPP-dot-org>
<snip>
Also (hope no one flames me on
this) I have not used any resistors across the caps (due to the
construction technique of the strings), but do have one across the
entire string. Is this an acceptable drain or am I
mistaken?.......anybody?

Terry (the Un-Terry)
<snip>