RE: Hosfelt caps

Wow, when I ordered mine two months ago they had over 3000 caps in
stock. To put this in perspective, it took over a year to sell their
first 1200 of these caps. Glad I got mine when I did. BTW, I let loose
on mine today. I am running 12/string (36kvdc-9kvac) and put 20kv into
the tank for about 10 minutes, and the caps BARELY got warmer. The spare
caps (will be using them for a bigger coil) accidently took several hits
from the coil, but still work like new. Also (hope no one flames me on
this) I have not used any resistors across the caps (due to the
construction technique of the strings), but do have one across the
entire string. Is this an acceptable drain or am I
mistaken?.......anybody?

Terry (the Un-Terry)