Re: MMC: question on cap setup

> From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 18:14:47 -0600
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: MMC: question on cap setup
>
> Original poster: "A W" <fateagk-at-home-dot-com>
>
> Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but does it matter which
> lead on the caps is in? I am not thinking it does, but I want to be for
> sure. I am using those GE caps form Hosfelt and I am wondering does it
> matter which lead is in and which is out. I have used some low-voltage
> DC caps in other applications that have an indication arrow about which
> way the current should flow, but there is not one on these. So, does it
> matter?

In a Tesla coil, the current flows in both directions, many times per
second.  You cannot use DC caps in an AC or RF (AC at a high frequency)
application, as you will blow them up.

The GE caps do not have a mark because they are not polarized- you may
connect them in either direction.

- Gomez

We have enough youth.
How about a fountain of smart?