Re: Metal Enclosures

My advice is to go to a scrapper and look for a small distribution transformer
- 5kVA, or so. They come in these exquisite ~14ga. steel boxes with stamped
holes or louvers for ventilation (it's a bad pun but - one wonders just how
many French museums of fine art one can fit into 5kVA?).
Or, most codes require that neon transformers be enclosed (who'd 'ave guessed?)
for comercial applications. Sign makers may have these enclosures in abundance.
I made a 1kVA control unit out of just such a "bread box". Relatively flimsy
material but I solved that by mounting everything to a piece of well varnished
plywood the same size as the inside bottom and it works very well.
Cheers.