Re: space winding

>From Ken Herrick,  2 comments on the 2 ideas:  I'd thought of something
like #1 but...what does one do about the >joint< that makes the loop of
fishing line or the like endless?  That joint will be a lump of some kind
and that lump will periodically progress along until it's interfering
with the lay of the wire.  Who's got a solution to that?

As for #2, I suppose you mean tape that's sticky both sides, like "carpet
tape".  That's what (I think) I plan to use.  Apply ~8 longitudinal
pieces before winding & space-wind the wire over them.  The stickiness
will hold the wire in place until it can be varnished or whatever.
Comments, anyone?

KCH

On Fri, 04 Aug 2000 11:31:46 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>
>
> hi all,
> after reading malcolm's comment on using twin wire's and letting one
> fall off, i got to thinking that one could use a wire, cord, fishing
> line and make a double or triple wrap along with the coil's wire
> then
> wrap it a couple times around an empty spool, with maybe some
> reversed
> tape on it, then connect the two ends snugly. this way as one wound
> the
> coil, a few wraps of the spacer would keep the wire separated and
> roll
> off and on as you went. sort of thread itself on up the form.
> also, i wasn't going to say anything but, every coil that i have
> wrapped
> i've used reverse duct tape underneath the mag wire to hold it in
> place.
> i know some might say that this is no good but, i have never had a
> tracking problem or a burn YET.
> just another thought,   marc

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.