[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Couples Therapy

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for your comprehensive answer. At first I was a little surprised
with your first comment: 'I don't see any relation between the theory of
coupled bandpass filters and Tesla
transformers.', but apparently you didn't meant it like it sounded. I
understand the need for resistor(s) in a bandpass filter to make it suitable
for its job, but do you mean with 'this condition' the moment of critical
coupling? I don't think resistors can have any influence on the moment a
bandpass filter has the transition from one peak to two peaks in the dB/f
graph.

Ruud de Graaf

> Original Poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Snip...
> The circuits are similar, and the equations too.
>
> > I don't understand which condition would require explicit resistances in
the
> > circuit.
> > Could you explain this to me or could you give me some reference where
> > look?

Snip...