[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Equidrive-ing me crazy

HI David,

> Original Poster: "David Trimmell" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>
>
> Hi, Please forgive me if I am wrong ;-) , I think that it was a Richard
> Hull (or possibly TCBOR?, anonymous?...), that was responsible for its
> concept. It does seem to follow a synergistic approach, equally dividing
> the C across the primary. But I doubt it would have any "major" benefits
> for a less then "fully" optimized coil. Anyone actually see that this made
> a difference? I tried it with non equal C with expectable results, but you
> must get as close as possible to a balance for any real potential, I
suppose...

The circuit appears in the Colorado Springs Notes (what circuit
doesn't? :)  I'd have to dig my copy out to give a page number etc.
I have never seen a better result from doing this and I don't expect to
ever see one. The only difference between this and the single
capacitor job is in physical layout and I don't think physical layout
with regard to where the primary cap/s is/are positioned makes a
single bit of difference.

Regards,
malcolm