[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: vacuum spark gap

Hi Alfred,

A vacuum spark gap is certainly a real thing, but it must be a "hard"
vacuum, i.e. 10E-7 torr or so. Heat dissipation becomes a real issue, and
so does soft x-ray production depending on voltage. At say, 15KV, then you
will have ~21 KeV x-rays. I think your idea of a "home brew" vacuum gap is
interesting, but will be a great challenge. It is hard to beat the power
handeling capability of a basic air spark gap...

Regards,

David Trimmell