[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: for sale, high voltage test probe/meter

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Bill Noble" <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>
>
> pomona electronics model 2900A high voltage test probe
> this is a special meter, calibrated 0 to 30KV (small red line on the meter
> scale at 25KV) - it has an on/off switch, a ground lead with a test clip on
> the end, and a long clear probe with a 600 meg 2% resistor inside it (the
> resistor is 6 inches long).  it has an orange foam lined carrying case, not
> new but great condition, $25
>
> this ought to be of use for those of you working with DC, particularly
> flyback generated DC - this kind of item was used to set the HV on TVs.  I
> suppose with the addition of a bridge rectifier at the meter movement it
> could also be used to read AC, but I don't know what effect that would have
> on the calibration.
>
> contact me off the list if interested
>
> "Bill Noble" <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>

Hi Bill....

I have the same model as the one listed above and I had added the bridge
rectifier to it...   even tho the scale on the meter isnt all that fantastic
... I was getting a reading of approximately 7200 - 7500 V from each bushing of
a 15KV NST  ...  I tested 4 NST's and all 4 of them gave me uneven readings  (
none of the NST's had equal voltages from the output bushings...   they varied
by 300 - 500 V)   dont know if it is the NST's  or if the probe isnt quite
accurate enuf with the rectifier in place...

Scot D