[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MOTs...Exploring the Low End of TC Voltage Part II

Message text written by INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> It's out of a British radar set and has
a 240 volt primary and a 5.5 KV -at- 250 mA. secondary.  I doubt very much
that there are any shunts, from what I see of the core, so what is your
suggestion for ballasting this hunk of iron?<

These radar transformers are excellent for tesla work - and a lot
lighter than a big. For ballast try a couple of`microwave transformer with
the secondary shorted out plus a variac used as a variable inductor.

Or as a easy get you started thing use a 3kW convector heater in
series (you lose a lot of power but its fine for starting out)

Alan Sharp (UK)