[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More: 120 bps vs. 240 bps comparison tests

<< Original Poster: John Williams <jwilliams-at-edm-dot-net>

> My two cents for what it's worth:

John,

What you say below is correct, and are well known Tesla coil
phenomena.  I was trying to quantify just how much of a spark length
gain is produced by this "growing of sparks" effect by comparing
various break rates.  There's no doubt that the sparks are lengthened
by repetitive re-ignition of ionized trails, and that the overall spark
length depends on voltage and current at the terminal, break rate,
and power throughput.  These effects have been discussed extensively
on this list and elsewhere in the past.  Thanks for your comments and
observations.

John Freau