[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Aluminum magnet wire?

Hi Dr R,
              Now I'm really curious:

> Original Poster: "Dr. Resonance" <Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>
> Aluminum is barely an acceptable conductor at 60 Hz.  It's high
> frequency RF properties are very poor.  You may get nearly the same
> output voltage (potential) but your peak currents are going to be very
> very low.  A poor choice for RF work.

Robert Stephens spoke of an unfavourable comparison in practice
as well. It's still something I've got to try for myself of course. Others
have also mentioned the use of aluminium in just about every
outdoor aerial you can think of. How do you reconcile those two
apparently conflicting experiences?

Regards,
Malcolm