[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Of Tesla coils and X-Ray production

David,

As you can tell, it doesn't take very long to acquire a rather large dose.
I agree with you though about detection as a Geiger counter will have a
cut-off level below a certain point.  Unexposed, wrapped film would be a
great dectector too.

The radiation emitted from these cold cathode bulbs and tubes is not much
when compared with medical tubes (but it is still enough to cause cellular
damage as you pointed out).  I was recently reading the specs on a "50
R/min" small commercial tube.  Definitely something I wouldn't want to be
around for any length of time!

John