[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: X-rays from light bulbs/Tesla Coils !!!

> X-rays from a TC excited light bulb? I use a VTTC to light lightbulbs
> and/or create corona on the filaments all the time as I'm sure
> many of us with VTTCs do.

if the lightbulb is actually evacuated as many old ones seem to be, it can
emit xrays when put ona tesla coil. In these bulbs, you will not see a gas
discharge (as there is no gas) but flourescence of the glass.

Modern bulbs are as far as I know all nitrogen (mostly) filled, so
there is no danger involved with these.

In general there should be  no danger if there is a visible gas discharge
in a bulb.

  Jochen

  Jochen Kronjaeger                     Kronjaeg-at-stud-mailer.uni-marburg.de

  The High Voltage Page  http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~kronjaeg/hv/
    info, plans, photos of home-built HV-sources, sparks, HV-experiments