[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LASERGROWERS group purchase.

Hi fellow geeks,

The LASERGROWER's group is considering a great group purchase of a
metalworking, combination MILL/LATHE/DRILL.

I hate to go to a machine shop and hear about all of the set-up fees and
told that they really don't want onesies or threesies of manufacturing parts.

So, I have begun to negotiate a group purchase of the above.
So far, I have found a much,much heavier duty combo that the Sherline,
Central Machinery and Taig units.  Even some of those don't have a
combination tool.

I have gotten a price down from $895.00 to $495.00 with quantity and may
even get the price lower.

However, right now, I am trying to ascertain interest and am including our
Tesla brothers in this, like last time, in order to promulgate our group
and enhance our buying power.

If some of you recall, we got absolutely unheard of, almost illegal prices
on our optics for those of us who are building our own cutting and burning,
CO2 lasers.

Now, building a Tesla coil and ancillary parts, requires some judicious
scrounging and inventive skills let alone machine working.  How nice it
would be to have your own set-up and not need the machine shops!

I have not settled upon any particular unit, as yet.  The one that I am
looking at as mentioned above, weighs around 500 lbs and is crated.

I will post specs. and other details in our LASERGROWERS list when available.

Right now, I need to see just how many folks want to take advantage of this
one-time, group purchase.

So, if you are interested, subscribe to our list (you can un-subscribe
later) by sending an email to:  buzz_ard2-at-bigfoot-dot-com and put SUBSCRIBE in
the subject line.  Then, the computer will send you a confirm message and
respond to that and you are in.
Now, send an email to the same address and put LATHE in the subject line
and that will be used to determine how many folks are wanting to purchase.

I figure the more that our groups can help each other like this, the better
for all of us.

You may wish to look at our webpage at:
http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/Station/2727/

Thanks,