[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ? polyester drafting film as dielectric

To Steve Cook
I have gone through this same type of plastic.
It is mostly PET plastic because of the non-
warping characteristics. This stuff is great for
making high value DC caps like the one that
I made, but will heat up and self destroy in
pulse duty. I made a real nice. 1uf  before
going to Brian B.'s South Calif. Teslathon.
Then bought two VERY nice 7.5 uf at 20kv
from Michael R. Ames who was selling these
at the Teslathon. Now these are all filter caps
and I would not wire them in for PULSE duty.
Anyway's I took apart my. 1uf cap as I have
these two others to work with. Like I said the
draftsman plastic is not good for Tesla use.
Safe coiling to you.
Denis Despins
KC6TRW