[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Selecting a flyback transformer for a solid-state TC

     I would like to build a solid-state TC to drive a plasma globe.  For
     simplicity sake, I'd like to use a flyback transformer.  I don't know
     which on to get, however.  I cannot find specifications for them, and
     I don't want to purchase one that has an intrinsic rectifier.  A
     source local to me (www.electronix-dot-com) has an extensive selection of
     flybacks, but no data.  In particular, they have on close-out several
     flybacks with designations TFB-176G, 3220008, and 154-138N for only 4
     dollars each.  Are any of these suitable?

     Bwaa-haa-haa!

     I, Arc