[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 250watt solid-state flybacks? (fwd)

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:41:12 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: "davidhosking" <davidhosking-at-bigpond-dot-com>

<snip>
> I guess the Helmet mounted secondary will need fairly thin wire to
> get a
> reasonable number
> of turns.
> Anyone had experience with making secondary coils say about 40mm
> diamx100mm
> high?

David,

try http://privat.schlund.de/s/skluge/sub4.htm

Stefan something or other built a coil he refers to as the "vitamini",
with a secondary measuring 1.14" dia and a 5.14" winding length. Using a
10cm mean dia toroid, he produced 20cm (10KV 18ma OBIT supply)streamers,
but using a second secondary with a connection to the first. 11.5cm arcs
were produced with the single secondary.

Grayson Dietrich

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.