[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ATTN. - Site Online (properly at last) (fwd)

It is safe to say that it is less likely that you can be killed
by the output of the tesla coil, than it is the inner workings
such as the transformers and capacitors.  Need I remind every one
about one such occation last year in oregon, where salt water
bottles were tipped over by an infant and water shorted the poor
wiring..... It is of upmost importance, in the long run, that we
build coils' power supplies in an ample protected cabinet for the
NST's and capacitors.  It's no joke to be zapped by 1-4 joules at
15 kv.  I've been shocked once by a 32 uF 5.5kv cap that was
fully charged, current went from one hand to the other. .. my
entire body was numb and I could not see clearly for hours. Of
course that was around 400 joules... I should be dead.

Unrelated Item: (but very good to know!)  Soon as i get my 7.4 uF
50 kv cap (9.25 kj-coming soon!) I'll be staring death in the
face if i was around when i discharge it. We are talking EMPs.
Anways in case no one knows about these caps there are many still
for sale, scrapped by the "star wars" government project.  here
is the link:
http://www.plans-kits-dot-com/forsale/index.html

Cabbot Sanders
www.interprise2000-dot-com