[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Low voltage coils are just as good.........;o))

Tesla List wrote:

> Michael Tucknott (P.S: I SAW that Camaro joke on your website ;o[ )
> (snipped from a post):
> >When we ran the same coil with Steves pole pig and a 0.0151 ufd plate
> >cap and got 46" output, but now with the MMC we got 65"-68" output
> >(this is as much as the RQ gap can handle)
>
> I believe this is a 16kV pole pig, so the primary Joules are = 3.87J
>
> Coiler greets from Germany,
> Reinhard

Hi Reinhard
Long time no hear.
Glad you liked the Camaro dig, it is true as my little girl only liked
my old Firebird.

Now back to buisness.
The pole pig that we have is a 15kVA unit, with an output voltage of
11550V.
In the end the RQ static gap started to melt, we were not using any form
of forced air cooling (YET).
I`m in the process of building a new tank for it so as to reduce the
overall weight
so we can move the darn thing around, the pig comes in at 380lbs at the
moment.

Cheers Mike Tucknott
If at first you don`t succeed......

It must be someone else`s fault so