[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

capacitor

Hello all:
    I'm new to this list, and somewhat inexperienced at coil building, hut I
have assembled a coil that worked quite well which had an 8 kV. Neon
transformer as the power source.
    I'm sixteen and in high school and working on a very low budget, I'm
going to build a larger coil for the science fair this year. A company here
in town was kind enough to contribute a 12000 volt / 60 m.a.  Transformer for
my new power source. My capacitor from my first coil is of insufficient value
for my new transformer.
My question is does someone know of a source of surplus or used capacitors of
sufficient value for a 12000 VAC transformer. I would greatly appreciative
any help in my quest, please feel free to e-mail me directly at
LesT2001-at-aol-dot-com
Sincerely yours,
Leslie Ann Thompson