[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 120 bps vs. 240 bps comparison tests

< Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>

> Hi John,
>             Thanks for doing all these wonderful tests!

> I too am a fan of big primary bangs at modest breakrates (read long
> sparks). What I'd really like to see now is whether matching an
> increase in Ep with an increase in toroid capacitance (to maintain
> same Vout) produces longer sparks. I don't think it matters too much
> whether Ep is increased by increasing Cp or Vp.
>
> ?
 Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm for the nice comment.  I would think that generally
as Ep is increased, the toroid size should be increased too for
longest sparks, this is what I've always seen.  I did not actually
calculate the Vout based on Ctop however.  Can you give a
suggestion for how an experiment might easily be done?  I agree
it doesn't matter much if Ep is increased by increasing Vp or Cp.

John Freau