From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 1999 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: Semi-Rotten Spark Length

Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>

Hi John,

>Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <COUTUREJH-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>  Reinhard -
>  Unless you use controlled sparks your spark output is a random output and
>should not be used for comparison of coils.
> John Couture.

Could you explain how you define "controlled sparks", please? The 57"
mark was reached every time. I use an RF grounded, flat "rod" and the
coil will reach out and touch this. I then measure the distance (after
shutting down of course). Once the arc connects to the grounded rod
(esp. if I use a blunt nail as a breakout point on the toroid), it usually
stays there. In other words, the 57" are more or less continous. The

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard