[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

variac brushes

Hi All,
         for my big coil I have a pair of 2.4kVA claude lyons (or zenith, the
two are interchangeable) 240V variacs stacked on a common shaft.  They are
both model 100R.  Unfortunately the brushes on one of them have got broken
(probably why they gave it to me) Claude Lyons will supply spare brushes but
for £31.20 a set *and* their minimum order value is £60 so I would have to
buy two sets.  I know £30 for brushes doesn't seem much compared to £200 each
for the variacs but it is still a lot more than 2 pieces of carbon should
cost.  If anyone has the brushes from a dead 100R or knows where I can get
them cheaper please tell me.

Thanks in advance
Nick Field