[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

18 Awg Magnet Wire / Secondary Form

Original Poster: Greg Murray (waltmurray-at-msn-dot-com)

Hi, All

I recently got 65 pounds of Essex (Polybondex) Magnet Wire for
Free!!! I know the wire is really big, but can I use it on a 4in
diameter coil? I was thinking of increasing the height of the
secondary to compensate for the wire size. If I can't use it, where
can I find a form big enough to be able to use the wire? I was
thinking of maybe using that green plastic stuff that is used in gas
mains. Anyone know where can I get a couple feet?

Happy Coiling
                   Greg Murray
                  -Museum of Science, Boston