[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Theory (Was Bipolar Coil)-Heretical view

Hi Terry,

> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

<snip>
>     Of course, my fiber probes work just as well to determine the phase shift
> on a large pitch space wound coil as they do on the close wound kind...
> Perhaps Malcolm has built his probe by now and he "knows something"????  My
> present coil is 33% space wound though and it doesn't.....

They aren't yet sorry but getting close to the top of the pile. In
fact I've etched the boards for the plane wave antennas and have some
of the components for the current probes. The worst thing about
electronics in general is that it's too darned interesting and
therefore far to easy to dive off the straight and narrow to design
something else that comes to mind. This shows a terrible lack of
focus on my part.

    What led to the above speculation was the difficulty in apparently
having to throw out antenna theory that is well founded, and current
TC theory which measurement shows is equally well founded. There had
to be a difference somewhere.....

Malcolm