[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: an interesting idea...

But there still is an IR drop in the electrodes, particularly at the
"cathode spot" where the arc terminates. However, in general vacuum gaps
are quiet (no gas to heat in the spark) and cool.
Another source of heat is ion bombardment. The heating of a tube anode
isn't all from IR losses, but also from the electrons hitting it at some
speed. Talk to Richard Hull and the other "fusorites" about melting their
glass bell jars and radomes with ion beams.

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: an interesting idea...
> Date: Friday, May 21, 1999 5:34 AM
>
> Original Poster: ARSONIST01-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Jim,
> 	Well theoretically, heat wouln't be existing because there is no air
> correct? i'm using info/assumtion from what i've heard my teacher said.
He
> told me that origianlly when he was working at Hughes Aircraft on the
Fusion
> project or something(like that thing they made in that movie Chain
Reaction)