[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: possible good capacitor source

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Stan <sdarling-at-columbus.rr-dot-com>
>
> Hi all, a friend sent me this URL thinking it might be useful for TC
> use.  The URL is http://www.tdlinc-dot-com/products.htm .  The have
> "reconstituted mica capacitors" rated up to 36 kVDC and .06 uF.

	Just looked at this link and doubt very seriously that these capacitors
would be suitable for serious TC usage.  Their leads are just too small,
and with a dissipation factor of 1% max at 1 kHz, they may be quite
lossy.  I would expect severe overheating and eventual failure.  They
are specified as applicable to radar pulse modulator service, but that
can be much less severe than typical moderate power (1 kW +/-) TC
service at high frequencies.

Ed