[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV jell

Jim Monte and others,

	Thanks for the idea.  Petroleum Jelly should work perfectly!  I never
thought of this.  Being able to get a big container would spare me from
having to think up some colorful reason for buying a case from the drug
store :-))

Gary Lau,

	I am not concerned about arcing but wanted something that would provide
some heat transfer in a closed container.  Jelly would carry heat but still
remain solid to prevent messes.  If it got hot it would melt but this also
my remove more heat due to the latent heat of the phase change.  Of course,
it really should never get that hot.  I also need something to simply hold
the parts in place so they will not rattle.

Thomas McGahee,

	This paraffin/poly mixture sounds neat.  I think the petro jelly will work
for the present problem but this sounds good for other things.  I assume
paraffin/poly will not be jelly like but much more solid which would have
many other neat HV uses.  I wonder if it would have the shrinking problem
during cooling that straight paraffin has.

Many thanks to all for the great ideas!!

	Terry