[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Coil Failure

I'm getting a bit put out - my coil doesn't give even 6" sparks. Here are
my problems:

I'm using a 15000kva 30ma neon, with salt water caps (not tinfoil covered,
but put in salt water with copper tubes out of top). I've got 7 spark gaps
of 1/4" each, using copper tubing that's been hammered flat. Primary is 7
turns 1/4" copper wire, and the secondary is 15" of 24 guage wire.

I'm getting very thin, frail sparks off of the top, and I'm getting a
MASSIVE show inside of the capacitor box -- strange stuff, looks about like
about 6 coils discharging at once.

Any suggestions?

Christopher Michaelis
cmichael-at-xmission-dot-com