[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: a frequency-variable resistor Re: request for braid data (was Another grounding question)

> Ok, but the skin effect is independent of the voltage. The reason is
> more magnetic than electric. Parallel wires with current in the same
> direction tend to move apart.
>
> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Different skin effects, maybe? I have never heard of magnetic field
repulsion as the reason for the skin effect, but that doesn't mean it's
not the case :-) I am not as familiar with higher frequency phenomena,
but the skin effect which I studied was in electrostatic context (hair
standing on end, Van de Graaf generator) which would not produce
magnetic fields at all. There is no use arguing about facts, can anyone
set us straight? See my post on similar topic just a few minutes ago...

Wells