[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Braid etc.

Hi Gary,
> Original Poster: Gary Lau 07-May-1999 0714 <lau-at-hdecad.ENET.dec-dot-com>
>
> Could it be that these measurements actually understate the differences?
> While the measurements at 195KHz are no doubt correct, the action in a TC
> when streamers occur is at a MUCH higher (and unrelated) frequency than
> that or the pri/sec resonance - many MegaHertz. Or was it resolved in
> an older thread that the VHF streamer-based activity seen at the top of
> the secondary is never seen at the base and ground system?
>
> Gary Lau
> Waltham, MA USA

At a higher test frequency, the results would be better for some
of the wires and worse for others. I don't know about the braid.
The form the wire tests took sprang from a discussion on the best
type of conductor to connect the secondary base to the ground stake.
In short, the test simply measured the differences in conductor types
at a single frequency representative of a large number of coils. It
wasn't terribly detailed but did indicate problems with the braid
which were verified in actual operation.
Malcolm