[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Corona Bottle Caps....don't think and drive

We're making saltwater caps and a couple questions have come up.
1. Do you cover the bottom of the bottle with Al Foil?
2. We're making these from 12Oz. Corona Longneck bottles. When filled
they're going to be placed neatly inside a 10 Gal. Aquarium. Do we even need
to wrap them with foil? I.E. will the outer water jacket act as another
plate?
3. How many bottles for the average coil? (Dimentions follow)
4. What type of salt is best? Table (iodized), rock, pellet, flake, kosher?
5. What is the usual capacitence of a single bottle (on average, just
looking for a ballpark)
6. How does the label affect the capacitence? They're printed on the glass
and cannot be easily removed.
7. Any tips/hints on design/construction?
8. How many people have used this as an excuse for not being able to go to
work the next day?

That's it for now, thanks guys. I'm going to go get hammer- finish working
on the research project....yeah, that's it...Science;-)

The "No man,*really*,we're building a lightning genorator" Coronaphile
Christopher A. Boden
The Geek Group
344 Ionia SW
Grand Rapids MI