[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Disc Construction

Hi Bob,

>Original Poster: bob golding <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>
>At 19:21 01/05/99 -0600, you wrote:
>>G-10 DOES have one disadvantage. tho: It is hell on cutting tools. But as
>I use
>>tungsten-carbide cutters, this is of no real problem.
>
>Another disadvantge with G-10, at least here in the UK is the cost. The
>cheapest price I have been quoted for 1/2" thick 8"x8" is 120UKP about 180
>dollars. Is this about right or am I being ripped off.?

Whew. That IS expensive. I am not able to find G-10 in that size in Europe, so
I canīt tell you if this is true (however european companies are known for
their
rip-off deals, I speak from experience). Why not go for a few thinner
sheets and
simply bolt them together (like I had originally planned)? What diameter and
motor
speed will you be running it at? 1/2" sounds like a little overkill here.

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard