[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bi-polar (center-fed) TC

  Brent, All -

  Tesla coils are complex apparatus and cannot be designed by using only
theoretical equations. The design also requires empirical equations based on
real world coils. The empirical equations are obtained by collecting test
data from many properly operating coils that have been carefully tested.
This data is converted into equations by standard math regression methods.
This has been done with the JHCTES computer program. The program does the
calcs to coordinate 46 major Tesla coil parameters and keep them in tune
when changes are made.

  I have used the JHCTES program to show coilers why their coils are not in
tune and what changes to make. If the Profs had this program they could have
gotten your coil to work correctly.

  I am sending you a flyer on my books and program by separate email.

  John Couture

---------------------------------

At 01:23 PM 5/1/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Original Poster: Brent L Caldwell <stretchmonster-at-juno-dot-com>
>

>Ralph:
>
>	In your post you mentioned your calculations of the inductance and of
>the coupling constant.
>	Here at Texas Tech, several professors and post-doc's were trying to

	At any rate, most of the highly mathmatical professors and post-docs and
>engineers here at Tech did not like the idea of trial and error tuning,
>because it wasn't "sophisticated" enough for them.  They all tried to
>calculate the inductance using formulas mentioned above, and NONE of the
>numerous Ph.D's in physics and electrical engineering, who worked on our
>tesla coil, ever got it to work.

						Brent