[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Manly saltwater caps

Tesla List wrote:

> Your idea sounds good, but you should check on the plastic.  My guess is that
> they are polyethylene terpthalate (mylar) for the rigidity.   I have not seen
> polyethylene that was transparent, but rather it is translucent.  I hope I am
> mistaken in this case.

A good source for thick wall 5 gallon polyethylene jugs is yer
friendly local hotrod store.  Poly jugs are used to hold
nitromethane racing fuel. A lot of guys buy them for gas too, cuz
they're sexy looking and tougher than nails.  $15-20 each.  Lacking
a local store, try Summit Racing.  They're on the web and have an
800 number.  They're available in colors (which I'd stay away from
for this application) and natural milky translucent.

John
--
John De Armond
johngd-at-bellsouth-dot-net