[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

more rsg/cap queries

Hi all,

 I have been following the various posts with a lot of interest
concerning rsg's and caps and the last one from RWB et al. was excellent
- many thanks!!

 Of course I have a question,

 what happens if, while the cap is charging on the down side of the
incoming AC waveform,(or the upside of the reverse) - and does not
discharge due to insufficient voltage across the presented gap - it is
presented with the now 'reversed' polarity of the AC waveform after
having gone through it's zero point? I mean, all stupid questions
allowed of course, it is seems to me that for at least a very short time
the cap and transformer are presenting opposing polarities. Is this
right? if it is what happens during this time?

Thanks for the many superb posts - my wife is beginning to think I'm
changing gender considering the number of times I have changed my mind
while designing/assembling my 'mate' out in the shed.

Regards

 Robin Copini,
 Adelaide - South Australia.