[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

UK Teslathon - 29th May, Corby

Greetings all,

The 1999 UK Teslathon is definately on  here in Corby, Northamptonshire,
on Saturday 29th May, 1999. Quite a few coilers have said that they are
coming,
and bringing coils.

We're hoping to build a working coil on the day around Mike's 9.25" by 50"
secondary.

I'm in Edinburgh from 8th - 15th May so I'll be out of touch next week.
Discussion or
suggestions which are of general interest can go to the list but individual
confirmations
or queries should be sent direct to me.

Confirmed so far

Steve Crawshaw - bringing coil
Alex Crow - bring coil and multi-mini cap
Viv Watts
Peter Greenhalgh
Nick Field
Stephen Rodway
Julian Green bringing coil, a few buddy's and a pole pig!
Nick Slaymaker bringing coil
Richard Yarnall
Duncan Cadd bringing coil
Gary Metalle
Richard Burnett
Michael.Tucknot bringing coil
Alan Sharp bringing coil

If your name is not on the list could you please confirm if you're coming.

I suspect that as last year the numbers will magically double
on the day!!

Have fun,

Alan Sharp

Programme

9am onwards hall open for those setting up coils.
10.30am arrivals tea/coffee registration.
11am onwards demonstrations.
12.30am Lunch - I'm not putting on a lunch this year but there will be
tea and coffee, bring your own sandwiches or there is a chip shop, grocers,
and a chineese take away across the street.
1.30pm Q and A session - we'll press gang a panel over lunch!!!!
2pm More demo's including we hope the first ever run on our
Teslathon Frankenstien coil (built from other peoples bits!)
3pm or whenever, finish.

We'll also have tables for bring and buy

safety
please don't bring any iffy equipment
If you are bringing a coil try to bring a CO2 or dry powder extinguishers
also.
Becuse we will have quite a number of working coils each with
their own HV supply, we have to discourage people from bringing
children - there won't be safety barriers!
(14 year old coilers count as adults!)

We are limited by 13A wall plugs and poor earths - though
we got good results last year with the central heating pipes.

If you are bringing a coil let me know.
If you are interested in coming let me know.

Cost addmission L3,  tea/coffee at 25p - (after costs the money will go
to the church for the use of the hall.
photo's of last years event plus location maps
on my web site:

http://ourworld-dot-compuserve-dot-com/homepages/alansharp

contact me direct if its just to say that you are coming,
suggestions and discusion can go to the list.