[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ASG vs NST....and in this corner!

Okay, here goes....

Late last night at the Geek Group labs we had one of those thoughts that
occur after many hours of consumeing Jolt and tinkering with a group of
lunatics.

Tesla coils pruduce high voltage at high frequency. (Duh)
Also..Audio Signal Genorators pruduce high frequency. (Duh)
And NST's produce High Voltage (Do you follow the theme here?)

The plan was to create a Tesla Coil emulator on a very small scale.
We were hoping to get 15KV at about 20Khz way too low on both to be a coil
tye discharge, bu t we were just tinkerin'.

We hooked the ASG to the NST and got....JACK! Why?
We thought it might be due to core saturation in the NST, but we're not
sure...any thoughts?
I'm sure someone has had this idea before, what did you do?
If it is the NST, can I get a high Freq transformer that will do the big
step up we need?

This is probably an exercise in futility, but there's not much to do untill
we can raise the money for the MMC caps.

Christopher A. Boden
The Geek Group
344 Ionia SW
Grand Rapids MI