[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Coil Measurements

Hi All,
    I am interested in making electrical measurements of the characteristics
of a Tesla coil in operation.  Particularly the ringing down of the primary
and ringing up of the secondary.  I have an oscilloscope and would like to
know any recommended and safe methods of making measurements.  Also I am
interested in observing the current phase with respect to the supply voltage
to see the power factor.  I have a current transformer with a moving Iron
ammeter.  If I measure the voltage across the ammeter, is this going to be
in phase with the supply voltage or supply current?

regards

Viv Watts UK