[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Plans for layered cap

Well, it would be just like a rolled PE-cap, except its
not rolled up, and it does not need two "sheets" of PE
for two plates.

Like this:

           |-Wire, connected to Al flashing

ALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL-Aluminum lashing/Tin Foil
PEPEPEPEPEPEPEPEPEPEPEPEPEPE-Polyethelyne
ALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL-Aluminum lashing/Tin Foil

           |-Wire, connected to Al flashing

Simple, but if you want to save space you can: Make
several smaller units, or Connect several plates. Like
this:

               ALALALALALALALAL----0
               PEPEPEPEPEPEPEPE    |
          0----ALALALALALALALAL    |---Out
          |    PEPEPEPEPEPEPEPE    |
    In----|    ALALALALALALALAL----0
          |    PEPEPEPEPEPEPEPE
          0----ALALALALALALALAL

Understand?, The zeros mean conection, well thats all.

Chris.

--- Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
> Original Poster: "JORGE LUIS FUENTES CASTILLO"
> <jlfuentes-at-infosel-dot-net.mx>
>
> Hello Coilers !!
>
> Im trying to build a layered poly cap instead off a
> rolled poly cap
> since I dont have access to a vacum pump. I was
> browsing trough the
> pupman site on plans on how to build one but there
> dosent seem to be any
> does anyone have suggestions or hints on how to make
> one ??
>
> I figure its the same as building a glass cap the
> diffrence being the
> diaelectric factor and to make a plate you layer
> several poly sheets
> together and all this goes on thank with mineral
oil.
> This way its
> easier to remove the air bubbles from between the
> layers of poly and
> aluminium sheets.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jorge Fuentes