        From:   Tesla List [SMTP:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
        Sent:   Wednesday, March 24, 1999 12:26 AM
        To:     tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
        Subject:        Light Dimmer to Adjust Spark Gap Fan?

        Original Poster: Adam <psycho-at-tradewind-dot-net>

        I've heard that you can't use a light dimmer on a Tesla coil because
        they can't handle inductive loads.  This makes sense, because that
would
        just be too easy.

        What I'm wondering is whether I can use a light dimmer on the fan
        cooling my spark gap.  I mean, a fan isn't nearly as electrically
        complicated as a Tesla coil, and I'm always looking for budget
friendly
        solutions.

        Thanks,
        Adam