[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: vacuum pump

In a message dated 3/25/99 2:48:16 AM Mountain Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  When this thread started, I tried my water bed aspirator with a vacuum
guage.

>  I only got to 15 inches of vacuum and it had a nasty habit of injecting
> water
>  down the vacuum line.  Maybe mine was bad, but one should be cautious about
>  these cheap devices.  they are definitly far short of the fancy lab grade
>  devices...
>
>          Terry
  One should always use a water trap in line when using an aspirator to
prevent the water from being sucked into the system when the water is turned
off.  I would also put a pinch clamp on the hose between the water trap and
the vessel under vacuum prior to turning the water off.
Mike