[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: vacuum pump

At 08:46 AM 3/24/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I don't know just how well they would work, but waterbed stores sell
>aspirators for draining mattresses fairly cheap.  They have adapters for use
>with sink faucets as well as normal garden hose connections.
>Mike

When this thread started, I tried my water bed aspirator with a vacuum guage.
I only got to 15 inches of vacuum and it had a nasty habit of injecting water
down the vacuum line.  Maybe mine was bad, but one should be cautious about
these cheap devices.  they are definitly far short of the fancy lab grade
devices...

        Terry