[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Elementary Inductance.

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>
> > Original Poster: "JimmyD" <jim_del-at-email.msn-dot-com>
> >
> > I know this is an elementary question, and that it may have been answered
> > before on the list but,
> >
> > In _lay terms_ , what determines the inductance in a coil?
> >
> > the guage of the wire,
>
> No

The gauge of the wire does affect the maximum number of turns per inch, so it
has
an effect on the relationship between height and the number of turns, so I
would
say that it does have an effect on inductance and should be considered when
designing coils.

Although maybe I'm looking a little too far into this one...

Adam