PET and Mylar + PE bottles -Reply

        some mylar/pet/polethylene terephthalate is used for packaging,however
most "clear bottles" are PETG ( glycol-modified polyethylene terephthalate )
this is a copolyester. i think there is another variation yet for alcohol
bottles .......
 the confusion  may be from the the two different"families" that these two
belong to even though they both have Polyethylenein their chemical  name(s);PE
is a Polyolefin,PET is a polyester
hope this helps a some!