[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PE-rolled cap construction

At 17:36 18/03/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: Chris Tominkson <internetinbox-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>Right now I am making rolled Aluminum Flashing / Polyethelyne
>capacitorsand I just made a mistake: I cut the flashing but I forgot
>to cut out a tab for the electrical connection. Can anyone think of a
>good way to still make the connection without using any sharp objects
>or taking away from the total area?

Roll the form on a small diameter piece of PVC pipe, say 0.75" for a 4" pvc
outer form.  Cut a slot in the tube so the al flashing slots into the inner
pipe.  This is now relatively isolated from the roll form and I used
pop-rivets to a strap cut from the flashing roll.  Caps now over 1 year old
and OK.  Likewise, you can use a strap and rivetts for the outside
connection.  Just make sure you have the "rounded heads" facing the roll
proper and place an extra layer (or 3) under the heads.

cheers

mark

Mark

http://www.cobweb-dot-com.au/~dkfinnis